Thursday, March 12, 2009

Elizabeth Jamison-Dunn: My life in Spain

Elizabeth Jamison-Dunn is a Howard University 2007 graduate. She had the opportunity to study abroad Fall 2005 spent a semester in Granada, Spain. "The experience proved to be one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. I had the opportunity to live with an incredible host family that taught me about the customs and traditions of Spain as well as assisted me in language acquisition and cultural assimilation." said Jamison-Dunn. Jamison- Dunn traveled with, AIFS program through Howard which, also provided her with a lot of support in the transition from an American to Spanish lifestyle.

During her journey, she was able to travel all around Spain and learn about the country's rich history and legacy. She also traveled to Portugal, London, and Morocco through AIFS. "In all of the locations, our group was provided with cultural excursions and the opportunity to learn about the language and traditions of each country. I also was able to personally travel to Italy and France with a smaller group of AIFS students. Visiting these countries was absolutely amazing" Jamison- Dunn said.

When asking for final thought on study abroad Jamison-Dunn said "Overally, my trip to Spain was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I am very greatful that I had the opportunity to broaded my development and expand my horizons."

No comments:

Post a Comment