Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Alexandria Franklin's take on Study Abroad


Alexandria Franklin is a senior Fashion Merchandising major at Howard University from Chicago, Il. Franklin had the opportunity to study abroad in Salamanca, Spain during the Spring 2008 semester of her junior year in Howard. During her five month stay in Spain, Franklin traveled troughout various cities in Spain, Europe, and Asia including countries like Italy, France, China, and North Africa.


Franklin stated "Studying abroad was amazing! I met so many wonderful people from all over the world and was able to experience things I would never have thought possible. It made me realize thatthere is a whole world out there full of a million different experiences. I am now much more open minded and much more willing to be spontaneous." Franklin went on to speak on how she feels study abroad was thee most important part of her collegiate experience and how she feels it is very important for all students to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment